"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

-Shel Silverstein

2.21.2010

WEEKEND FESTIVITIES

This weekend was pretty relaxing! Friday, Sara and I went to see Dear John, on one condition: she couldn't laugh at the parts that most (normal) people would cry about. And she didn't! She even got teary-eyed at one part (which by the way was extremely sad...i was very close to sobbing). Anyways, the movie was really good. I found myself comparing it to The Notebook; and trust me, there were many similarities, with the story and the lines. Overall, the acting was pretty good (especially Richard Jenkins) and the plot was, yes, corny at some parts, but I really like the overall message. Plus, the scenery was gorgeous (especially the house, but i can't find a picture of it)! I'm a huge Nicholas Sparks fan and I like most of the movies that are based on his books, so I'm a little biased, but I think the majority of people would enjoy this movie.


Saturday was very rewarding. In the morning we had to wake up early to go volunteer at an animal shelter/hospital with Forgotten Friends (an organization at UGA). If I listed all that I did, I'm sure you wouldn't think that it would be a good experience, but knowing why I was doing it made it worthwhile. For the most of the morning, I dealt with the puppies and the mess that they made. I was a pooper cleaner upper! WAHOO. I had to spray the poop off of the wood that was under the adorable puppies' crate. It was gross to start with, but I eventually forgot that it was even poop and I was just thinking it was dirt (it made the process much more bareable).

After coming back and showering and washing the doo-doo clothes, I started getting to work on my study schedule. I got all of it done (YAY!) so it was very rewarding to be able to highlight everything I did :)
I finally saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban too! That has been my favorite Harry Potter book so watching the movie was something that I was pretty excited about. It strayed from the book a little (which isn't always a bad thing) and for the most part, I liked the actors they chose. Overall, I thought it was very good (although i did get antsy at the end...its over 2 hours!).

Today was a lot of fun too. Sara, Kayla, Kerry, and I went to Botanical Gardens and walked on the trails. It was such a pretty day (a huge change from last weekend's snow) and all of the nature was a nice change from being in the apartment studying my butt off. I now smell like outside, but hey, I don't mind it!

So now on to more studying and eating tilapia for dinner (yum).

8 comments:

  1. i enjoy all the times you said poop/poo-poo.

    and i think you'll get even antsier during the fourth HP movie, but definitely not during the fifth. i think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well ive seen most of the fourth one so i doubt ill be paying too much attention during it and i hope the fifth one is not too long! thats the only thing that gets me. its not that theyre boring or anything i just cant sit that long watching one thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...I LOVE harry potter!!! Prisoner of Azkaban was incredible!!! I also love the half-blood prince, the book was much better than the film! But I do love the movies, they are done so well, it's just that the books are so in depth that there is almost no way to include all the details into a 2hour movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the movies would have to be twice as long to incorporate everything! so far theyve done really well with the movies. im watching them as i read the books so ill be watching the half-blood prince soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the movies. They are done so well.
    I'm thrilled by Harry Potter.
    And thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog
    I'd love to link your blog with my site but no Followers here?
    Your blog is just great!
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for becoming a follower on Cut and Dry!.
    I'm your newest follower!
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. TILAPIA IS MY FAVE FISH!
    simply delicious!

    Dear John is on my to-see movie list!! that ans valentines day! can't wait to see them!!

    ReplyDelete