"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

-Shel Silverstein

3.25.2010

I LIKE TO RAMBLE...

Of course, like always, I should be studying right now, but I don't think that's in my best interest. Today, I was thinking about how much I would love for it to be summer right now. Yes, I love winter and I really love the cold, but this bipolar weather we're having is getting on my nerves. One weekend, it snows, the next it's warm, and the next, it's snowing again. Plus, I'm ready for the rain to go away. I feel like it rains a good 3 or 4 days out of the week, which would be fine if I didn't have to go anywhere, but walking to class in the rain is not my idea of fun. I'm ready to be able to lay out by the pool, for all of my tests/presentations to be over, and most of all to spend the majority of the summer on my own for the first time (it's not that I don't like home, Mom, it's just that I'm excited to be in Athens for most of the summer). So now that I'm done with complaining about the weather, I'll move on to more uplifting stuff.

I'M DONE WITH HARRY POTTER!
I've been waiting to say that for 4 months and now I can! After the seventh one, I have to say it is in my top 2 favorite from the series (I can't decide if I like that one or the third better). It was action packed from the beginning and it made me feel so nervous toward the end. I CANNOT wait for the movies to come out! I hope they live up to the book. One thing about this book that I wasn't too fond of though was the long, drawn out conversations Harry had with Dumbledore and with Voldemort. I guess they were important for the story, but I basically skimmed them because they were kinda boring. What I did LOVE though is the Molly Weasley moment when Ginny is dueling (Sara told me there's a Facebook page dedicated to her line...I might have to join it). Mostly though, I'm just happy to say that I've read all of the books and now, I have seen all of the movies also.

On another positive note, I made Lemon-Banana bread today! I made some last week, but I used lime instead of lemon (you really couldn't taste it though). This time, I used lemon yogurt in place of buttermilk, so hopefully it will turn out tasty! If it doesn't this is the last you will hear about it, if it does, then I'll make another post about it.

So now off to attempt to study, start a new book (Dear John), and wait for the bread to cool before tasting it. I'll leave you with another random song that pops into my head (other than Mulan) when I'm getting ready in the morning. Enjoy :)



PS. I'm super excited for our 80's party tomorrow night! We went to GoodWill today and I got a turquoise blazer and coral shorts. I'll be sure to take a TON of pictures and post them sometime this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment