"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

-Shel Silverstein

5.31.2010

MEMORIAL DAY + SOME

First off, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! A HUGE thanks goes out to all the former and current military men and women.

Now, on to what I promised yesterday before I passed out!

Day 56-57

via

I'll just use one picture to sum up this weekend. Saturday was a very relaxing day spent hanging out at the pool and cooking out. I loved every second of it! (no, this is not the real pool, oh how i wish it was though!)

------------------------

I finished Princess in Love! I honestly have already forgotten what goes with what book, but it was the same as the other ones, excellent. Normally, I don't like reading diary entries, but for some reason it doesn't bother me in this book. Now I need to go to the library to see if they have these so I can finish them!

------------------------

I started Little Women Saturday at the pool and I don't know if I'm going to be able to finish it. I haven't read a book like it since high school so dealing with the structuring of the sentences and how the author writes is going to be a challenge. I'll try my hardest to make it through so hopefully I'll finish it eventually...

------------------------

Happy Anniversary to Mom and Weyman! Their 6 year anniversary was this past Saturday and I'm very sad that I wasn't able to go home :( I'm going home this Saturday though so I'll be able to give them their presents then!


12 comments:

  1. Stick with Little Women, its a classic. But Teddy should've married Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with jennifer! little women is definately worth pushing through! such a classic!

    congrats to your mom on her anniversary, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would be such an amazing pool! and congrats to your mom! wow, six years! :)

    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOUR MOM AND WEYMAN! thats so awesome!!

    and i love meg cabot books!! i really need to read the princess diaries series!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We stayed by the pool too! Isn't Vitamin D the best!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelly A!!!...looks like you had such a relaxing weekend, I'm sure you deserved it! I'm back and I am so looking forward to following you, without huge gaps. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a great saturday! ooo, nice reading list. i can't wait to pick that up again. i need to go to the library very soon.

    i read 'princess in love' a while ago, but i never did finish the series! maybe i will this year.

    ♥ erica
    sweetsandhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy pool image! Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, I'm glad you like Princess Diaries!! They're so hilarious to me and I love the little lists her and Lily make (isn't that her friend's name?). Happy anniversary to Weyman and Ellen!! Wooohoo!! Hope ya'll get to go kayaking!! Have fuuuuunnn!!

    PS - Did you cook out by the apartment pool??? We'll have to re-create that, if so....I'm dying for some cookout food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stick with Little Women. It's SO SO SO good and touching. Keep reading!

    ReplyDelete