"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

-Shel Silverstein

3.30.2010

BOOK CHOICES

So back in the day (like 4 months ago) Sara and I made a deal: I would read all of the Harry Potter books and she would read a Jodi Picoult and Nicholas Sparks book. That list then grew to her reading a Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, and Stephen King book. After watching me struggle through all 7 HUGE books and having to deal with me asking her to tell me what happened at the end of each one, she then decided to expand her list and she gave me the power to pick 7 books that she will read over the summer. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD OF A TASK THIS IS. There is rarely a book that I don't like or that I don't recommend to anyone so I have to pick 7 out of the thousands (really like 20) that I'm trying to dwindle down to such a small number. Here are the ones that I have on a growing list that I will eventually have to narrow down:

The Shining
The Green Mile
Dear John (she already said this one was definitely on the list)
Message in a Bottle
A Bend in the Road
The Lucky One
The Pact
Plain Truth
The Last Summer of You and Me
Barefoot
PS I Love You
The Memory Keeper's Daughter

decisions, decisions

1 comment:

  1. I love PS I LOVE YOU! Its sad but wonderful. I want to re-read that now...

    ReplyDelete