"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

-Shel Silverstein

3.31.2010

SPEAKING OF BOOKS

This weekend, we went to Barnes and Noble to try and get some studying done and Sara just wanted to look around. While she was probably off in the cooking section, I spent FOREVER in the bargain book (my favorite section). I love how they have hardback books there for $5! And they aren't books that no one has heard of or that don't sound interesting, they have a ton of them that I was so tempted to buy. Although I just carry them around, contemplating whether I should buy them or not, and then eventually put them back, this time I actually bought a book! I bought The Condition by Jennifer Haigh for only $6! On the way out, I saw that there were even more books that had been marked down 70% on the end of one of the shelves. Of course, I had to explore and I found one that seemed mildly interesting: The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan. I absolutely had to buy this one because it was under $4. That's less than what you spend for shipping on a book from Amazon! (im a sucker for sales)


Anyway, here's a very cute picture of Max just laying around on the Barnes and Noble bag :)

1 comment:

  1. aw your cat is so cute!
    i so badly want a cat!!
    and such great books!! trips to bookstores are simply the best!

    ReplyDelete