"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

-Shel Silverstein

5.04.2010

DAYS, MEMES, AWARDS, ETC.

Day 28:

THE FIRST DAY OF MAY! So, Happy late May!!
As I do with the beginning of every month, I re-did my calendar. This month was pretty exciting for me to fill up because I no longer have to write "CHFD/HACE/FDNS/MIST/ARHI Exam #..." I used to dread writing that. The only things going on this month with school are final exams. I'm already half way done with those now though, so two more to go! I can't wait to be able to have my schedule revolve around something interesting, not school. PLUS, we're going to Panama in a couple of weeks. SO MUCH FUN!

Day 29:

One of my roommates, Kayla, works as an intern for Kimberly Clark. About a week ago, she got a large shipment in of water bottle that she was going to pass out for Earth day. I kept bothering her and telling her that I wanted a blue one and on Sunday she so graciously gave me one :)

Day 30:

On Monday, I had a final at 8 AM. I stepped outside at 7 to see how the weather was and if I needed a jacket; the weather was hot and muggy, but no rain. I later walked out the door to catch the 7:15 bus to take me to campus and it was pouring. Seeing as I didn't have my umbrella I had to run back inside and gather that. If I would have known that campus was basically flooding, I would have also taken the time to change my shoes, but I didn't...big mistake. My Keds got soaked and muddy and just gross! Luckily though, I didn't have socks on, wet socks are the worst!

Day 31:

This has been happening for quite a while, but I don't understand my laptop's battery! I don't want to charge it constantly, but I basically have to. I let it charge until it's full then I unplug it and within an hour, it's back down saying that only 10% is remaining. I've tried to look up how to extend the battery life, but nothing's really helping. I'm starting to get very frustrated with it.

------------------------

I decided to copy something from both Sami at Sami by the Sea! and Krysten from After 'I Do'. It's a handwriting meme! Here are the rules:

Write down the following, take a photo of it, and post it - The Handwriting Meme!

1. Name & blog name
2. Right handed, left handed or both
3. Favorite letters to write
4. Least favorite letters to write
5. Write 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.'
6. Write the following words in all caps.
CRAB HUMOR KALEIDOSCOPE PAJAMAS GAZILLION
7. Favorite song lyrics
8. A special note or drawing

So here's mine:
(I know, it's Tuesday, but it says "Happy Monday." I meant to post it yesterday, but I completely forgot about it. Just pretend it says "Tuesday" :) )
Thanks guys for the great idea!


------------------------

I received another award! This one is the Sweet Blog award and Veronica over at .V. was kind enough to pass her award to me! Thanks so much Veronica, I'm glad I found your blog through stalking other people :) Your blog definitely deserved this award!

Now onto the rules:
*give this award to 10 (I'm only going do 5) sweet and friendly bloggers
*make a post about the award including the picture and mention the person who gave it to you
*put the award on your blog
*let your nominated 10 (5) know you've awarded them by leaving a comment

I pass this award on to...

Chelsea Rebecca at Triumphs and Blunders of a Kooky Gal
Krysten at After 'I Do'
Melanie at Unravelled Threads
Mimi at What Mimi Writes
Sami at Sami by the Sea!

I hope everyone's having a fantastic week so far!

6 comments:

  1. hi shelley ann! thanks for giving me this award! :D :D :D

    --Mimi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from Scotland! I have a similar problem with my laptop battery. It's full one minute and then down to 10% the next. When I plug it in, it doesn't start charging up until it's down to o% - v odd! xx
    http://equatorlive.com/weshop/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, ewww, wet socks! I am not a fan of them either. But I am a fan of free water bottles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog! thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your handwriting is awesome!! And I have the same problem with my Mac laptop's battery - pretty much because it's almost 5 years old now, heehee... I'd recommend replacing the whole battery itself. After a while of usage they just can't hold a charge well anymore. I haven't done it because I'm a cheapskate and do all my laptop'ing near a plug.. ;)

    And thanks for the award! You are the awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete