"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

-Shel Silverstein

1.20.2010

BOOKS AND DREAMS

Currently, I am working my way through the fourth book of the Harry Potter series: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. So far, it's pretty good! I really liked the first three, especially the third, so I have pretty high expectations. My roommate, Sara, got me into reading these books because she is a HUGE fan of them. I already owned the first four and I read them when they first came out, but I didn't really remember them. Now that I'm reading them again though, I'm starting to remember little pieces. Even though I want to read all of them without breaking them up, I'm kind of ready for a change so I might read a book between the fourth and fifth one. I have a ton of books that I've borrowed from my other roommate, Kayla, and my step-mom that I am anxious to read (I think that's why I'm ready for a change):
Dear John
The Last Song
The Princess Diaries Series
The Lovely Bones

I also just ordered some books from Amazon.com that I'm excited to read (The Devil Wears Prada and The Nanny Diaries).
I'll update when I'm done with Harry Potter and when I've made a decision about what book to read next soon!

Now about my dream. It was so strange and I'm actually really surprised that I even had a dream because I'm not used to dreaming when I only have 6 or 7 hours of sleep (thanks 8 AM classes). So in the dream, I was at my mom's work. Instead of it being her normal office, I walked in and right in front of me was a staircase that led to a large open area. In the area, my dad was dressed up in a suit and he was talking to my mom's boss. I nodded my head hello to him since I didn't want to interrupt them and I walked past the stairs. I walked down a hallway that led to the kitchen and if you kept walking through the kitchen, you would walk right by a Cadillac that was parked on the wrong side of a highway. So I spent some time talking to my mom in the kitchen and for some reason, I decided to go out to the car and look around. The car was very old and had old leather seats; on the seat there was an old leather notebook that belonged to my mom. I knew she told me not to look in the notebook because it had work stuff in it, but I thought I would since she was still inside. While I was looking through the notebook, a car pulled up beside me and made me panic so I drop the book on the floorboard of the car. A lady then came up to the passenger's side window and asked if I was broken down. I told her that I wasn't, in what I thought was a polite response, but for some reason she returned to her car after telling me I was rude and that I needed manners. This upset me so I went back inside to find that my mom had left, but my dad was still there. Somehow, a couple hours had passed, but my dad looked like he was still waiting for something. I went up to him to start a conversation and instead of talking about what he was doing there, I simply handed him The Time Traveler's Wife and apologized for not giving it to him before.
That was a very weird and random dream and I have no clue what the hidden meaning behind it is (if there even is one).

Now time to go read some more HP! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment